A delicious pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce, sweet and savory, by Kelsey Riley. Perfect for an easy plant based meal prep recipe, this Pumpkin Pasta Sauce is always great for making dinner in a pinch.
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree 15 oz
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Sage
- combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large pan over medium heat. Cook for several minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- begin to cook your pasta following package instructions.
- add your remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and mix together. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- blend with an immersion blender or let cool slightly and and use a blender. If you use a classic blender, be sure to slightly vent the top!
- pour a good amount of sauce over your cooked pasta and serve right away.
About the Chef:
Kelsey Riley is the founder of Planted in the Kitchen. She is a registered nurse and recipe developer with a passion for plant-based food. She loves using fresh, healthy ingredients to make bright and beautiful recipes. Kelsey believes in a holistic approach to health, wellness, and everyday living. Her goal is to show others that eating a plant-based/vegan diet can be both easy and delicious.