This delicious Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread is for those days when you need pumpkin spice and everything nice, (but want to skip the pricey Starbucks pastry). This healthy option will also make your house smell amazing.
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 cup maple syrup honey or sugar*
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, baking powder + soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Whisk well until combined.
- Add almond flour (don’t forget to skim the top of measuring cup with a knife) and mix gently with spatula to combine.
- Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out somewhat clean. This bread burns fast, so don’t over bake and remove from the oven while top still appears semi soft. They key to moist and firm bread is to let it cool down.
- Remove bread from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool off for 20 minutes. Holding onto the flaps of parchment paper remove bread from a loaf pan and let it cool off for another 60 minutes before slicing with sharp serrated knife.
About the chef:
Olena Osipov is the founder and recipe developer at iFOODreal.com. Originally from the Ukraine, she now resides on Vancouver Island in British Columbia with her husband and two boys. The focus at iFOODreal is on sharing easy healthy recipes with simple ingredients and mostly dinner recipes because “What’s for Dinner?” is a question that is never going away. From meal plans to everyday recipes, Olena is here to show you that healthy cooking can be enjoyable and delicious.
All recipes by Olena Osipov, reprinted with permission.